Sword bag woven container box ????

Pippo

Actually bought this along with 3 Japanese swords so hoping its a sword storage container( none of the swords fitted) but probaby just for fishing poles. Nice piece whatever its for and hoping thrle characters on the outside might shed some light.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

20220408_082108.jpg

20220408_082114.jpg

20220408_082128.jpg

• Like 2

It wouldn't be this bloke would it???

https://www.whitehouse.gov/.../presidents/william-howard-taft

William Howard Taft was elected the 27th President of the United States (1909-1913) and later became the tenth Chief Justice of the United States (1921-1930), the only person to have served in both of these offices.

He was in Yokohama in 1905 and was an enthusiastic supporter of Japan.  He was Chief Justice of the United States 1921 - 1930 and could well have been in Japan in 1924.

It may be that 'Taft' is another 'Smith' in the USA - I wouldn't know.  Grasping at straws - is there a container for those??

BaZZa.

• Like 1

Haha , i though the same thing when i saw the kind translation, " Must be President Taft!!!". 

Thankyou gentlemen for the translation and mystery solution as to what it is. Its a quiver! My wife thought it must be a PNG penis sheath but guess shes spoilt😉

Best to all

Pippo

• Haha 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..