My first katana, opinions please

hello everyone,

this is the first time I participate in the forum but I follow the topics with interest and trying to learn.

I would like your expert opinion about this katana that sell together with the katanakake and that it would be my first purchase. I have not seen it in person and these are all the photos i have. Indicates edo period XVIII century

Thanks a lot

i2433219663 (1).webp

i2433219662.webp

i2433227069.webp

i2433219661.webp

You might ask to buy the blade separate from the katanakake, as that doesn't add to the blade's value. And Mike's right that you should get photos of the entire bare blad, nakago, & boshi as a minimum. The origami (certificate) should exactly match the nakago, & it would help to know the translation of the tosho. Clear closeup shots of the hada will show the overall condition.

Bienvenidos!

• Like 1

At least out of my possibilities. 6000 euros katanakake and katana. On an internet page I had seen 1800 euros but it was just the katanakake :bang:.

once cleared with the seller, in other site he has the same katana with more description and pictures

This is the link if you want to see it in detail

https://www.todocoleccion.net/militaria-armas-blancas/katana-japonesa-edo-koshirae-shirasaya-katanakake-edo~x317930523

thanks for  your opinions

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..