newly Ichi Ryushi in Typ 3 Gunto Koshirae

Volker62

Hello Gentleman

to the fast....

complete all matching original condition

got this neraly top minty heavy and healhty "Ishi Ryushi" with very intersting wild Hamon and beautiful Hada with lots of hataraki....

Bruce, please have a look to the nakago's stamps

20220325_125834.jpg

20220325_125750.jpg

20220325_124212.jpg

20220325_124900.jpg

20220325_124906.jpg

20220325_124934.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Volker, quite a beauty!  No date I presume?

And those stamps!  It's the first blade I've recorded with both a 阪 Saka and a イbefore the number!  All but one (now 2) of the blades I have with these kanji are Nagamitsu.  The other one was a Sadakatsu blade.

Anyone know what prefecture Ryushi was from?  Nagamitsu was Okayama and Sadakatsu was Osaka.  So this イstamp must be an arsenal inspector or something.  Also, backs up the idea that these mune numbers are Arsenal numbers not fittings shops.

• Thanks 1

The nakago mune markings of 阪 イ143 are the Ōsaka Army Arsenal final inspection mark followed by the arsenal assigned serial number.    In this case, it a 1st イ series and not that of the proceeding 0 (zero) series.  These markings are common on Ōsaka swords but are rarely mentioned or photographed.  I am unaware of anyone seriously studying these swords like the Mantetsu swords are.  I briefly touched upon this subject in the thread below.

Stamp Survey

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, francois2605 said:

Bruce, Nagamitsu = "Ichihara Ichiryushi Nagamitsu" as per http://www.japaneseswordindex.com/naga.htm

Thanks Francois!  That clears that all up.

8 hours ago, Kiipu said:

I am unaware of anyone seriously studying these swords like the Mantetsu swords are.

I track them when I can find one.  They just don't seem to be as common as Mantetsu, Showa-stamped, or Seki-stamped blades.  I'd be glad to cover them in more depth if we can find them!

Saka.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..