NCO sword help

Butch

Impossible to form any kind of opinion with those photos you provided. This comes back to what I've put previously in the fake thread, that you need to see a whole sword to make an informed assessment. I'll check the JC website and let you know what the whole sword looks like.

Edit: Doesn't look good to me, a few too many flags on this one. I'd steer away to be on the safe side (though it is hard to tell), but if you want it for the film provenance alone (and believe that is accurate), go for it.

nco_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gareth,

I agree with the general view of the sword not being genuine.

At £975,  it is way overpriced, even as a movie prop in my opinion.

I noticed that the dealer has chosen his words carefully in the description, he states the sword is original in being a movie prop, but doesn't state that about the sword itself.

There are many issues with it, but the photographs are poor, also limited in that they don't show quite enough.

I suspect this may have been done deliberately (compare to the photo's of another type95 he has)

The most important thing is the fuchi stamps are of poor quality.

The central inspection stamp is very similar to the replica's which come from Poland, and some Chinese copies. 

The font used in the serial number is wrong. The serial number range was actually used by the Suya contractor, not Iijima as this one is.

This dealer also has another Type 95 sword on offer, which IS genuine, he actually goes to the effort of stating this in his description.

The price is also higher though at £1,250 (if you want to see it and compare to the one you have shown, then the item # is ->   Sn 19250)

If you want a real type 95, give this one a BIG MISS, and keep looking around.

Here are a few issues, apart from the wrong contractors stamp, which do not make it genuine.

nco 2A.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..