Markus Sesso Gendai Book

I was made aware of that thread as I hardly check NMB as of lately. 

I am happy to refund any backer if desired, but would appreciate if that does not happen all at once. Still working on it, however, but can not give an estimate about when finished as I will make it part of my Legacy ProjectTM that will deal with all the schools of sword making via individual volumes. Therefore, I fully understand if you prefer a refund and I will follow through with that as quickly as possible whenever a request come in.

Best regards,

Markus

I honestly cannot remember if I pre funded or not. If I did, I'm leaving it there. If not...I will fund anytime requested. Markus has done SOOOO much for the community.
But of course I can understand where people have a use or need for the funds.

• Thanks 1

My pleasure, Markus.  

I agree with Brian, that your contributions to our field have been magnificent, and I want to do anything I can to support and encourage.  Patience is a virtue in this field.  Polishing can take years, great swords only come across us occasionally (not counting the Ginza), and great works of scholarship can take a very long time.  I remember Bob Haynes working on his wonderful three volume set for decades.  

Markus, is it $125 and what is your paypal address?

Cheers, Bob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much Bob @Surfson and Volker @Volker62 ! I will get in touch with you directly.

I fully understand the frustration and am happy to refund everyone who wants to opt out. It is not that we are talking about a brief delay, it has been years now, which is embarrassing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Markus, I use several of your books all of the time.  I'm sure this will be the go-to Gendai book in english when it comes out, and I will probably no longer pick up Slough.  Any one of your books is a huge undertaking, and somehow you keep generating them.  It has to be tougher now that you have a big job at the Met, but I have no doubt that you will do it.  Cheers, Bob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Att Admin !!

I don't post much 

However I regularly visit this site

I ask that you lock this thread as it is doing  damage to a Very Important Person of The Community  !

Markus has already publicly given Refunds to those who have asked 

They can "PM or Email " him !

DON'T go publicly attacking him  !😡

I have patience  , and I know Markus will deliver  

Kind regards    AlanK

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Brian said:

No need to lock this. Markus' reputation is solid on the NMB, he is highly regarded

Seriously yes! Markus is a big boy I'm sure his skin is thicker than most, his reputation and knowledge is supreme, go back you're knitting needles. Jk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for your support! Unless there were some mean posts that were deleted in the meantime, we can leave this thread open as I would like to give people a quick and easy opportunity to opt out of this project. 

Grey is proofreading the next chapters of the Tosogu Classroom as we speak, so this is very much alive and going forward (yes, slowly, and I apologize for that).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
On 3/27/2022 at 7:22 PM, Markus said:

Thank you all for your support! Unless there were some mean posts that were deleted in the meantime, we can leave this thread open as I would like to give people a quick and easy opportunity to opt out of this project. 

Grey is proofreading the next chapters of the Tosogu Classroom as we speak, so this is very much alive and going forward (yes, slowly, and I apologize for that).

Hello Markus,

is there any update available? :-)

best Regards

Klaus

• 1 year later...