Re-polishing after Tamashigiri?

Not sure if this question was asked before but do you know if swords were needed to be re-polished after human cadaver cutting test? I believe cutting a bone would chip or mark a blade a little bit. I don't think they would offer a blade to a high ranking samurai or daimyo even with a slightest damage?  Would love to learn if you know anything about this subject. 

Thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, Katsujinken said:

Not with proper technique. 

The cardio involved would be like running 6 - 6min miles and doing 100 push-up in-between each mile. I'm probably light on the number of push-up, Add proper technique in that and you have a world record.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PNSSHOGUN said:

Michael, even with proper technique.....1000 cuts in 36 minutes is a herculean effort and would strain any athlete to the limit.

Oh I totally glossed over the time element! Apologies. Yeah, that’s a lot of cardio — but with proper technique the joints should be okay. 

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..