eBay seasons

After buying a gunto koshiare on Buyee i was looking around eBay for steel tsunagi.

After doing a lot of back and forth with seller...still didn't correct sori... anyway to make a long story short. I made a offer this morning, more than what was original price told needed to think about it. 

Day passed with no word. So I withdrew the offer.... And get this back I've never heard of ebay having seasons, its been some time from buying or selling. Anywho  ever hear of this?

this season eBay charge me 30%,
next season will be 20%,
start on 17th of this month,
which is the day after tomorrow,
i will send you offer the day after tomorrow.
OK?

Ebay has been getting rather aggressive with their sellers fees over the last year, additionally they did start reporting all sales to the IRS and are issuing 1099 forms to sellers.

That said 20-30% seems a bit high, depending on the item it should be right around 12 or 13 % roughly.

1 hour ago, JakeNYC said:

As a buyer, you also have to think that you are paying eBay's CEO every time you buy, and not just the owner

Such is the nature of the beast is it not?

But if you're looking for that just so so and you find it what are you going say? 

I wouldn't sell there even if you paid me,  well depending what you want to pay lol

• Thanks 2

I used to buy and sell weekly. Had a nice flow going.
But since they got greedy with fees a few years ago, I stopped completely. Not one thing for years. Now I'm just one person, but assume there are thousands out there like me, I think it cost them a lot. Not that they care. They print more money than they know what to do with. Same with paypal. More powerful than most governments.

9 hours ago, Brian said:

But since they got greedy with fees a few years ago, I stopped completely. Not one thing for years. Now I'm just one person, but assume there are thousands out there like me, I think it cost them a lot. Not that they care. They print more money than they know what to do with. Same with paypal. More powerful than most governments.

I was a regular seller on Ebay until they changed the shipping charge policy and starting taking a cut of that part too. Have not sold on Ebay for many years.

I used to sell items on ebay. On my last sale they incorrectly charged me fees (x10) and I stopped all sales immediately. They did re-fund all fees about 2-3 months later, but the damage was done. Now if I see an item on ebay which is from a seller who I can also find an outside site or store to, I contact them directly about that item and they are usually happy to split the difference with me on the fees which would have come from ebay (not necessarily Nihonto related).

As a buyer, ebay used to give me 10 to 20% discounts on a regular basis which did influence a purchase, haven't had any for quite a while now though.

On 3/16/2022 at 7:43 AM, Brian said:

As of last year Paypal got super bad as well. I've been looking for an alternative for a while now. Google pay appeared to be decent but then I found out they do not support linking bank accounts for the Netherlands (yet).

If anyone knows of a good alternative that works like Paypal used to work, kindly let me know because I've had it up to here ^ with that company. Also their customer service is terrible as of mid '21. That's my experience, for what it's worth.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..