Chicago Sword Show April 22-24, 2022

The show is approaching so i wanted to update everyone:

For basic information about the show see http://www.chicagoswordshow.com/

There are a few rooms available, here is a link for reservations https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/CHIRW/G-SWOR

Tables are sold out but if you want a table contact me and i will add you to the wait list, there are usually some late cancellations.

No shinsa this year, it was planned but with Omicron they had to postpone as they need to make arrangements 4 months in advance and there was too much uncertainty in January about travel in and out of Japan. If things are stable i expect one next year

If you have questions or need information you can contact me through the email on the website chicagoswordshow@gmail.com or nixe@bright.net

It is looking to be busy, many vendors coming that have not been there in years and some i don't know that want to sell their collections

There will be educational presentations on Saturday

If you attend stop by and say hello, it is nice to put a name with a face if we haven't met

• Like 1

I cannot attend this year, but I fully recommend going to this show if you have the chance. Mark and family always do a great job with the setup and running of this show in my opinion. I hope to be able to attend next year. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The show is getting close. The hotel room block is closed but they said i can have a couple of more rooms so if anyone wants to stay at the hotel contact me and i will try, if you are staying elsewhere because the hotel was full and want to stay let me know and i will try and get you a room.

All tables are sold, there are more that usual, i had to find some new spots to put a few so it will be busy. There are people coming from Down under, Europe, and Japan.

Should be fun, i bet there will be at least a few undiscovered treasures found that end up Juyo, i know in the past more than a few swords bought at the show passed.

• Like 1

The Chicago Sword show is just a week or so away. 

The room block was full and closed. So if you tried to book a room and couldn't i wanted to post this.

The hotel just added a few rooms. So if you could not get a room try now. https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/CHIRW/G-SWOR if you have any questions let me know. see you soon

Thanks

Mark

Hey everybody….  I’m in no position to tell Mark how to run his show :glee: but I think it would be a great idea to include your NMB user name on your name tag or (especially) on your table so we can put a user name with a face.  Just sayin’… :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Got to meet Mark and Grey so far; really nice people and Mark gave me a really good price on a fitting; that was very kind. Thank you, Sir.

Lots of great stuff to see and people to network with to learn more. 

Tomorrow there are some presentations that I am looking forward to. 

• Like 1

Just want to compliment Mark and everyone involved on an excellent show.  It was so nice to see everyone and there were many handshakes, hugs, and good wishes between old friends and new… and ‘allegedly’ the sharing of a libation or two amongst friends.  A great show! :clap:

I would like to thank everyone who attended, set up, and supported the show. From my perspective it was a great success. Tables were at an all time high, attendance was near record, off just a little from the best year, but maybe due to lingering covid issues. But all in all i think things are getting back to normal.  One dealer who has set up in Chicago many times over the years, and has set up at shows for 20 years said he had  his best show ever, anywhere any time. Another one said he sold out by late Saturday. It seemed people were actively dealing and everyone seemed happy with the results.

Next year i plan to be in the big ballroom upstairs with unlimited space to expand so i hope the future will be bright.  FYI dates for next year are April 28-30, 2023 so mark your calendars and make plans early to attend. This year tables will not be an issue as i will be able to fit all who want to come.

Special thanks to Grey who always is a big help and my sister and mum who stepped in to help as i had a grandchild a few days before the show so my usual staff were unavailable.

• Like 1

Thank Dan K. for posting photos of this year's show and Mark Jones and family for all of their efforts each year. I am planning to attend next year's Chicago show and have it marked on my calendar. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..