Conissours of the Japanese sword needed

Hi all. 

I believe many of you are very familiar with the titled book.  

I'm desperately trying to get hold of it,  and so far the best price is around 70 gbp from America and I beleive shipping not included. 

Does anyone in the UK have this book in good condition, and would they like to sell it ? Have they got to a point where the book has been read , and is just lying around collecting dust. ? 

I know this is a far fetch, but im at a wits end trying to get hold of it for a reasonable price. 

If so please PM me thanks. 

The book cannot be just read and then left lying around, as it is de facto a textbook. You retain some of it, perhaps 10-30% but then you return to it for reference. The back of the book has a lot of in depth useful stuff that helps kantei but there is so much info that I wish I had photographic memory. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Gakusee said:

The book cannot be just read and then left lying around, as it is de facto a textbook. You retain some of it, perhaps 10-30% but then you return to it for reference. The back of the book has a lot of in depth useful stuff that helps kantei but there is so much info that I wish I had photographic 

Thanks all managed to get the copy from Berlin for 50 quid. The best I can find to be fair.

And yes Michael from digging around it seems this is book is probably the most essential of reads. 

Thanks 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 3:22 PM, Gakusee said:

The book cannot be just read and then left lying around, as it is de facto a textbook. You retain some of it, perhaps 10-30% but then you return to it for reference. The back of the book has a lot of in depth useful stuff that helps kantei but there is so much info that I wish I had photographic memory. 

THIS^^^

I dont even know how many times I reference this book on any given day of the week. Its the first book I look to for quick info. I consider it to be the first or at least one of the top 3 Nihonto books to have laying around forever

I say KEEP IT!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..