Sakai Teppo (Matchlock) Long Gun

DTM72

An excellent condition signed Sakai long gun. No corrosion on the flash pan and the bore looks excellent. Lock mechanism and trigger assembly work perfectly, with no issues.

摂州住松本宇兵衛作 – Sesshu ju Matsumoto Uhe’e saku

真鉄二重巻張 – Magane niju makibari

文政十二丑四月 – Bunsei 12 Ushi 4th month (Bunsei is 1818. 12th year is 1829) Tsuchinoto Ushi is the 26th year of the 60 year cycle beginning in 1804.

I have not taken official measurements yet, but will post here soon. it is 2" (5cm) longer than my Kunitomo.

Asking $2500. Shipping included in the USA. I accept Paypal and Venmo as friends and family.

Dan

Sak1.jpg

Sak2.jpg

Sak3.jpg

Sak6.jpg

Sak8.jpg

Sak9.jpg

Sak12.jpg

Sak13.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Price drop $2000 or best reasonable offer.

I 100% feel that this teppo is ready to fire. Lock mechanism is 100% functionable and bore is in good shape. Flash pan is not rusted, pitted, or corroded. A .460" ball with a .010-.015" patch and  35-40 grains of powder would bring this to life. I will also include match material for display/use.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..