Koto Tanto in Koshirae

DTM72

I have enjoyed this tanto for a few years and will reluctantly let it go to a new home. It is mounted in aikuchi style mounts with a kozuka and kogai...all in black with black ito on the tsuka. The nakago is slightly suriage and mumei. I have had many evaluations by many knowledgable people as to the timeframe and school of this blade. Most lean towards Mino-den (Seki) but others say possibly Bizen-den (Echizen). To me, it is a beautiful blade regardless. Had it sold twice this past weekend to dealers at the Show of Shows, but neither had cash to pay with and wanted to pay by check.

NAGASA - 長27.9cm (11”)

SORI - 反Uchi-zori

MOTO HABA - 元幅 - 2.85cm (1-1/8”)

MOTO KASANE - 元重 - 6.3mm (1/4”)

NAKAGO - 中心 - 8.9cm (3-1/2”)

TOTAL LENGTH - 全長 - 36.8cm (14-1/2”)

ERA - 室町 Muromachi (1400’s-1500’s)

SHAPE - 平造  Hira-Zukuri

HAMON - の目 Gunome

HADA - 松皮肌 Matsukawa

Had it sold twice this past weekend to dealers at the Show of Shows, but neither had cash to pay with and wanted to pay by check. I do accept Paypal or Venmo via friends and family. Asking $2250 Shipped in the USA. International shipping available, but shipping will be additional.

Dan

O-Tto2.jpg

O-Tto3.jpg

O-Tto1.jpg

Tanto C10.jpg

Tanto C12.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
22 hours ago, Marius said:

Dan, I think this might be a very nice tanto. However, your pics do not show details of the blade or koshirae. No picture of nakago. Pictures sell. BTW, I may be interested. 

You are 100% right! My oversight on the nakago omission. I don't have any pics (yet) of just the nakago. Will take some close-ups of the blade and nakago tonight. For now, here are two additional pics that may help a little bit.

Tanto C5 Dims 1.jpg

Tanto C5 Dims 2.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..