SoS and Japanese NCO swords note

zook

Gents -  just a quick data point as I returned from my 4 day trip to the Show of Shows in Kentucky (largest Militaria show).   This was the first show that included the international dealer/collector community since pre-COVID, and it was very crowded!    Lots of Japanese WW2 swords to be discovered.   I was focusing on my "helmet" portion of my hobby so I only handled the NCO swords (easier to look at them for condition and quality then officer swords or Nihonto blades).   I was pleased that of the NCO swords I saw or handled, all seemed very genuine ... almost all what I would consider in average condition (not poor condition, but definitely not mint).   Attached is a good representative sword from show  -  to include price trends.  I did not see one listed below 1,000 USD.   I saw that most if not all were sold by last day.   I did NOT see any copper NCO swords (I personally have only seen one copper at a major show since 2018).  cheers - Dan 

IMG_5169.jpg

IMG_5168 2.jpg

IMG_5153.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dan your first picture is perfect. Such a sword is the blueprint for all the fake ones we see the last days. The coloring, habaki and the tsuka details.

We should pin that picture for everyone to compare if the sword he wants buy looks like this.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..