Request for information about shipping a blade to Germany

NewB

Hi Darkcon,

I can't say anything about a reliable service provider from the USA.

Otherwise try to describe the content as good as possible, ideally also with German translation and attach an invoice. 

As a rule, since the middle of last year, Deutsche Post has taken over customs clearance. They need clear information about the content and value of the shipment. It is also good if a telephone number and/or e-mail address of the recipient is given, then the process runs faster in case of inquiries.

By the way, customs clearance via Deutsche Post seems to work only with an import VAT rate of 19%, no matter how old or collectible you describe the sword.

I currently have appeals against my notices to run for the import VAT charged. There are also lawsuits already pending in this regard.

But as I said, this is not your problem.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to report that the customs inspection and delivery passed with flying colors. I did provide a thorough information and included a screenshot of the transaction amount and parties involved. 

Happy on both accounts!

Thanks to all that provided guidance and insight!

Cheers!

J.

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..