Genuine tsuba?

Lareon

Hello Tony !!

I really like your tsuba !  So, I am realitvely new to tsuba collecting (only about 3 years into it).  But on another thread on the forum we have talked about cast tsuba.  Now I am not sure, but from what was discussed on that thread, this looks to me like it could be cast.  I don't know, just saying in my opinion.  Maybe others can tell you more about it.

With respect,

Dan

• Thanks 1

Hello again !

Great pictures and I am certain you will get the answers you seek.  Just wanted to let you know (as found out on the other thread) that just because this tsuba may be cast, it does not necessarily mean that it is not genuine.  It could have been made in the Edo period after 1840.  Just again, my opinion !!

With respect,

Dan

11 minutes ago, Geraint said:

Dear Tony.

Not cast, perfectly OK. Though someone was a little unkind to the nakago ana on the back.

Do my eyes deceive or are there two colours of gold on the foliage?

All the best.

It's hard to tell if the gold colours are two separate colours or the gold is worn.

PXL_20220219_183047345.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..