Brag alert: My saya came out perfect...

Jeff fromNYC

51 minutes ago, Jeff fromNYC said:

Thank you Sunny I was going for simple yet interesting. Chose the diamond pattern because it echoes the tsuka ito and it apparently was a Japanese family crest. 

Yes .....Someone from Japan recently sent me an origami crane with this clans marking but the skill it took to fold the way they did makes it so the markings are balanced over the whole crane ,wings ect..

It's the size of a quarter so it's even more impressive with the measurements of the paper and how the mons fall on the crane.

It makes me think of your mons placements on the saya and how balanced they are with the measurements.

It's a very hard thing to get perfect. 

The hard part was spacing the design in a way that the sageo doesn't cover up the diamonds.  Also it was tricky because its a curved surface, but I am fairly handy with an airbrush and Tamiya masking tape cuts an incredibly clean edge.  I wanted to do something special out of respect for the amount of time and effort it took to forge and polish the sword.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..