Oshigata search - Daido

Thomas, an interesting topic.  Although you may have it, attached is some background info.  In note Sesko eSwords has a good summary of the Daido smiths pages 63-65.  Text here is from 1993 book Mino-To and copies of oshigata, which reflects some variations in reports. The reference and pages of original photos in Fujishiro book are included.  There are a few more oshigata in Japanese Sword (cox website) » Oshigata: Mino-to (on.net)  Section of Late Koto has 4 and Shinto has 1.   I have another 15 or so originals from Japanese books that I will need to copy in 1-2 days.  Perhaps I should PM?  

Daido line 4.JPG

Daido line 2.JPG

Daido line 3.JPG

Daido line 1.JPG

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

Still looking for oshigata of the "Omichi" smith who worked in Kyoto - and now I am after oshigata of the Heianjo Nagayoshi smith who worked circa Kanbun - plenty of signatures for the Muromachi smith but I am interested in the artist using this signature in the Shinto period.

Thanking you in advance,

-t

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..