wakizashi

Markdd

IMG_2391.thumb.jpeg.27bb2a5d27ce131b14e87c96423ed175.jpegTrying to improve my photo skills still don't know what im doing but some come out rather good at times.

This sword has intrigue me since I got it the steel is a best in the hands ,just trying to point it in the right dirrection,it has been shortened and the Nakago reshaped but I think the remains of a Mei still remain but due to the heavy file makes it is to difficult to capture.

new to all this so please bear with me.

decided its Bizen and a bit older than I first thought the boshi has what appears to be a point which appears is not that common so a long shot is the boshi the style thats attributed to Kanemitsu  hada as can be seen is very tight and the Hamon is like his work, will probably need more photos but theses are a start.

Mark

image_4228868.thumb.jpg.d0912e1408419090efefa32f80daf4fe.jpg

image_4228869.thumb.jpg.11ad638e52eb931c82f2f55c1d50cd4c.jpg

IMG_8740.thumb.jpg.7ef3a464ab6e5468805139da0b3f5d98.jpg

IMG_8741.thumb.jpg.b4af3465a7009f7e50b6505b84af31be.jpg

IMG_2434 4.jpeg

IMG_2391.jpeg

IMG_2379 2.jpeg

IMG_2351 12.jpeg

2 hours ago, Surfson said:

That's an interesting sword Mark.  As to the boshi, it may indicate that the tip was once broken and the new boshi after reshaping of the kissaki comes close to running off of the blade.  

Hi,

Will after take some more photos as I see your point from these the sedaow does make it look like that but in the hand not at all the Hamon on the boshi is as wide as the rest of the Hamon.

I can see the nie in the boshi now that it has been pointed out.  Sometimes the hamon is dark rather than light/white depending on the photography or sometimes the last polish (especially when amateurs polish a sword you can get this inversion of dark and light).  

@Markdd, I find taking photos of the boshi to be the hardest to get right...to photgraph what you can see with the eye and get it to look that way in a photo, kicks my butt every time. Your first photo had me fooled for a moment, then I figured out the hamon was actually dark, and figured it out. The blue and red dots confirmed what I was seeing.

Wishing you the best.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..