Urgent translation required

Paz

Mumei sword attributed to 兼先 - Kanesaki. Kanesaki smiths worked in Mino province around late Muromachi to early Edo period. There were lots of various Kanesaki smiths during Edo period but I would think mumei attribution to Kanesaki without any added on info would refer to late Muromachi and Mino.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shugyosha said:

Hi Paz,

Can you either print off a copy of Aoi's description of the blade to send or email an electronic version if it's required by HMRC? That should state the date of manufacture and be enough to complete the process.

Hi John I copied and pasted Aoi art description to me, they emailed me you see. 

You usually can't access the sales page after it's been brought. 

But I could forward them the email attachments to me. 

All there doing is deciding weather to wck me with high or low VAT, before they release the sword. 

Regards 

1 hour ago, Shugyosha said:

Can you try dropping Aoi a line to see if they have a copy of the sales page? Stuff normally gets moved over to aoijapan.net their “museum”. It’s not there yet but they probably have it saved somewhere for when they they update that other site. 

Hi John.  I will give them a  bell. But I've received a message from parcelforce telling me that they are forwarding my paperwork to clearance, and the sword will be cleared soon. 

So what I wrote to them seems to have worked. Wel wait and see. 

It seems that this is happening more often in the UK. 

Regards 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Markdd said:

don't you just love uk customs.

Well Mark they seem to have passed the paperwork forward. Just waiting for the release. 

I beleive they don't trust the sellers declaration on the front , and would rather rather buyer provide the invoice and proof of how much they paid. 

I had some sleepless nights as I have only imported the one from Japan and as I really knew nothing about the company I paid by cc just in case

assume that this is your first time,I had to chase mine up with parcel force as they had it sat in their warehouse for over 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, Markdd said:

I had some sleepless nights as I have only imported the one from Japan and as I really knew nothing about the company I paid by cc just in case

assume that this is your first time,I had to chase mine up with parcel force as they had it sat in their warehouse for over 2 weeks.

It is indeed first time Mark. 

I have imported iaito before where I had to prove docs to ups. But as this is for more expensive and real, its kept me on edge. Just very anxious. 

Im to a point where I want to pay the tax and pick it up from local depot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..