Money transfer to Nippon

I bank at a small credit Union and they don't like to do bank wires to Japan.

Anyone use the three here?

https://www.finder.com/international-money-transfers/send-money-to-Japan

Not worried if it takes more than 2 days or three mainly the security to be going to where I wanted to go my money's safe

What's in your wallet? wait who do you use?

6 hours ago, C0D said:

I do use Wise, very convenient and fast also to transfer money to Japan.
A suggestion when sending money to Japan, ask for kanji/katakana account name or it can cause problems for transfer.
i leave you my link so you can have a free transfer up to 500€ (and i can get some cashback :) )
https://wise.com/invite/u/manuelc927

Dang brother i signed in last night... I'll go back in and see if i can use that. 

Hi Stephen,

Wise is very efficient.  However, you will have to have the precise name and details that are registered with the domestic account you are transferring to in Japan.  Wise actually executes the domestic transfer in Japan.  Any variation in the name, order of name, etc. will prevent the transfer from going through because it is a computer transfer.  For example, if the account name is in kanji, you will have to use those kanji.  If it is a non-Japanese name in katakana, then you will have to use katakana.  Whoever you are sending funds to can give you the exact information and you can copy and past it into the Wise on-line transfer form. Good luck with your transfer....

Best,

Robert

• Like 2

On 2/8/2022 at 5:14 AM, Stephen said:

Wise seems reasonable anyone ever used wise?

Screenshot_20220207-231210.thumb.png.3479225167e25b4a516a87757b867f45.png

I've used wise a number of times and it's been very reliable with tracking of the payment and receipts too. I sent a large amount with it recently and was also nervous about getting everything right. In the end I'm glad I used wise

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..