Hada

Markdd

Mark,

I may be misremembering but the smith you mention is a shinto smith working in the Edo Ishido school. These smiths were attempting to emulate ichimonji workmanship and the hamon typically included choji midare and often there was some utsuri. The hada on your piece looks to be good quality but I cant see any obvious Ishido indicators. However this is not really my area of study so I am possibly missing something.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, paulb said:

Mark,

I may be misremembering but the smith you mention is a shinto smith working in the Edo Ishido school. These smiths were attempting to emulate ichimonji workmanship and the hamon typically included choji midare and often there was some utsuri. The hada on your piece looks to be good quality but I cant see any obvious Ishido indicators. However this is not really my area of study so I am possibly missing something.

I agree. However I have an example in suguha. To me the signature is a bit questionable and I don't see the hada that my blade has. If you don't see utsuri I'd look and research closer. Usually there will be a kikumon but his first examples didn't have it. My 2 cents

J.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..