Gunto Unboxing 2

Lareon

At the end of last year I posted up a topic on a gunto unboxing for one I had bought unseen.

The time has come again and On Wednesday (UK time) I should be getting another. I've seen the the mounts but not the Sword itself so who knows (most likely nothing but that's the fun!)
On wednesday I'll update this thread with the first pictures when i've got it in hand

52 minutes ago, PNSSHOGUN said:

Hi Tony, time to seek a refund if you can!

One of the risks of buying them this way I guess! Disappointed of course but I am playing a dangerous game doing this haha!

Well sorry guys it turned out to be a dud! The next time will hopefully be better!

yes it was very poor, as soon as you get beneath the koshirae everything is awful. as soon as i saw the kabutogane at the first inspection i had my doubts as that small circular pin seemed so off. I wondered if it was some kind of mount for a mon or similar.  the habaki though.... oh dear. after a brief inspection of the blade the hamon is brushed on, the steel is poor and  then when you get to the nakago, oh my. nothing redeeming. 

luckily UK protection laws for counterfeit goods are strong so you can always get a refund on a counterfeit product.

Next time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PNSSHOGUN said:

Hi Tony, that small raised disc on the Kabutogane can be found on swords now and again. It is a variation of the normal sakura found there. You can see in the picture the different variations, with one similar to yours on the right.

69717829_2457497137806254_1451460639787581440_n.thumb.jpg.2a78bd7d760e1ff57838a5618e84598f.jpg

Ah cheers, i've never seen the disc version just the standard variations just never a perfect circle! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..