sorry to have to post bad news again, but i just heard of the passing of Miyano Teiji Sensei.

I noticed on FB Chris B posted about the of the passing of Miyano Teiji Sensei.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/687568001434063/?multi_permalinks=1774334979424021&notif_id=1643156343541839&notif_t=group_activity&ref=notif

A big loss to our sword community but obviously much more to his family.  When he was at the Chicago show i was able to interact with him and always found him to be remarkably kind, patient, and humble considering his vast knowledge and experience.

seems like it doesn't rain but it pours.

A huge sad blow to the Nihonto community.  I still remember my first in-person Chicago Shinsa that I submitted a blade to.  From a distance, I got to watch Miyano Sensei as he viewed item after item for a while.  Even saw him handle my blade.  My only thought was that I wished I could have sat behind him and just listened to (and understood) what he was discussing with the other Shinsa members.  I could have done that for hours.  He will be missed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..