Ikkansai Kunimori

IJASWORDS

From my private collection of WW2 treasures, I offer for sale a wonderful example of an Ikkansai Kunimori. I thank and acknowledge the pages from Slough's book on "Modern Japanese Sword Smiths 1868-1945" where Kunimori's history is described, from Yasukuni smith Yasuhiro, to head instructor at Baron Okura's forge. 

This beautifully signed blade is Ububa, no stamps, no rust, chips or pitting, and looks like a very good war time polish. The sword exhibits Hada, Suguha Hamon, and Habuchi. Swords by Kunimori have in the past been papered. 

Complimenting this nice blade, is equally lovely fittings', all original to the outfit, with premium pierced tsuba, and every fitting has a matching number. 

And the unique quality doesn't stop there! The Saya is the very rare brown speckled painted wood, usually found on high ranking officer swords, it is 98% perfect with a small area of scratched paint. 

All in all, a nice original outfit, good sword Smith, and would make for a stunning sword for study and display. 

At AUD5000 express postage included (that's about USD 3550), is a great opportunity to have great sword in your hands. 

a14.jpg

a13.jpg

a12.jpg

a10.jpg

a11.jpg

a9.jpg

a8.jpg

a7.jpg

a6.jpg

a5.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a2.jpg

a1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Stephen, you are the man! Nagasa is 66cm. 

Well most people who have got swords from me, say that when they get them they are much better than the photos! 

Well, Nah Nah Nah, I just upgraded my iPhone, and the photos are much clearer. 

Many potential Buyers asked for a closeup of the Hada Hamon Hataraki and Activity. And the old phone never did this great Gendai blade/ Koshirae package any favors! 

Well this is taken with the new phone, it still looks better in the hand, BUT is getting close to exposing its real beauty. 

I will drop the price to USD2995, but want to be paid in AUD4100. 

Going by that big Australian auction and recent sales, this could be a the bargain of the year! 

a1.jpg

I talked to Neil in PM.

He doesn't sell this quality of his collection on a whim.

As one would expect it must be family first situation and it is to the 10th degree.

He's a good Papa an needs support if this doesn't sell maybe I'll start to go fund me.

There is a Yasunori on Yahoo thats over 4K.

This is a steal at asking price.

I doubt one would find a Yasukuni smith at this price point anytime soon.

Archived