Sad News: Bob Elder passed away

Sorry to have to post sad news ... I just heard Bob Elder passed away yesterday. I knew he was not well but still a shock. I had just communicated with him a week or so back.  Many of us knew him from various shows and he organized the Orlando Show. 

Bob was a lovely man, and in addition to his work related to the Orlando show he was also one of the founders of the US Federation of Battodo. It is safe to say there are generations of sword practitioners in the United States who would not be in the dojo now if it weren’t for Elder Sensei. 

He will be missed. 

Condolences to Bob’s family. The first time I met Bob at his Orlando Sword Show was about five years ago and he met me with a BIG grin and a firm handshake and made me feel like we had been friends forever. From that time on Bob always made sure that I had the table at his show where I wanted it and was ALWAYS glad to see me and greet me with that smile and handshake.  We all have people in our life that we call friends but Bob was a TRUE FRIEND to me and many others. He will be greatly missed. Go rest in a great place Bob as you deserve nothing but the best

MikeR

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..