Recommendation for pack and ship Dallas texas

Hi all,

Bought a couple of items in Texas yesterday and want to ship them to the UK.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a reliable pack and ship?

I contacted a couple that were recommended by the auction house but if anyone has a recommendation i would be interested to hear.

(P.s wasn't 100% sure on which category to post this to so feel free to move it if needed Brian)

Cheers!

Hi Tony.  I assume that you bought them from the Sofe Auction yesterday.  Although I didn't get the only sword I bid on yesterday, I have bought a few swords from them in the past.  I had no trouble with the shippers that they recommended.  You probably have special requirements due to shipping into the UK, where modern sharp swords are illegal as I understand it.  I suggest that you talk with one of the UK collectors that often ship swords into the UK to find out the best way to avoid problems at customs (Michael for example).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Surfson said:

Hi Tony.  I assume that you bought them from the Sofe Auction yesterday.  Although I didn't get the only sword I bid on yesterday, I have bought a few swords from them in the past.  I had no trouble with the shippers that they recommended.  You probably have special requirements due to shipping into the UK, where modern sharp swords are illegal as I understand it.  I suggest that you talk with one of the UK collectors that often ship swords into the UK to find out the best way to avoid problems at customs (Michael for example).

Hi, thanks Robert. I ship into the UK quite a lot so I'm good with my tax / import codes etc. Was just looking for a cheap reliable recommendation if someone had one so I could compare costs against the ones sofe recommends as the costs can vary quite a bit shipping internationally

I only bought swords valid for import anyway so Im fine there. One showa and 2 koto traditionally made. So valid for import

9 minutes ago, Surfson said:

Good luck with them Tony!   

Thanks :) I had the itch with the sofe auction. there was only one I wanted originally but it went a fair bit higher than I wanted then I ended up with 3 others. 

Will most likely post them up in a month or two on the forum when they get through customs.

Cheers!

3 minutes ago, mas4t0 said:

Are the quoted prices excessive from the packers recommended by the auction house?

So far the cheapest was $516 from ups

Ive paid usually around $110 per sword before. 

I'm awaiting a quote from one of them still

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..