Opinion is needed

Inna

Hi guys,

I'm interested in your opinion as for armor featured on pics attached. I've done some research and found out that the mon featuring a crab is a rare pattern. Since I'm not too knowledgeable in this kind of militaria, I'd appreciate if someone can advise me about authenticity of the armor and an approximate price for it. All other details are welcome as well. Unfortunately, it lacks a helmet and mask.86109300-73c5-40fb-a8ab-f7a5a735e835.thumb.jpg.7ecc74842242ec3d27241c228bc4dd1f.jpg     

IMG-fd4da768f059042168a574977b170fff-V.jpg

20211223_130729.jpg

Yes, from those photos alone it seems to be original, Tosei Gusoku. There were several varieties of crab Mon, in fact you can see some in the Crab Sukashi tsuba thread here on this site.

As to price, it depends who is selling or buying.

Ballpark figures.

The Do could be worth300-500 USD or more, the Sode 200-300, and the haidate perhaps 250+/-...? How does the Do look inside?

The condition is not great, and the cord at the back is not quite right. (It lacks some other parts too.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi.  It depends on the asking price.  Keep in mind the sode do not match the dou, different colour silk.   The dou needs to be relaced, it’s fragile.   Given the condition, unless it’s cheap, I’d wait for a better buy to come along.   Not sure about the mon.  Condition is so important with these things.   I’d keep walking.  Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..