NMB fund raiser aka the good the bad the ugly.

Stephen

Awesome, thanks guys! Especially Stephen :beer:
@cju777 you can message me, and drop your address and we'll get this sorted. Huge thanks for your support too, and some nice tsuba headed your way.
Grev, let me know if I can compensate for the shipping. The same goes to @christianmalterre Thanks go out to both of you.
Chris, you can do the payment via the link in my signature if you like.

Thanks all!

PS - Yeah, it's true. I don't drink any alcohol or do drugs at all. No other women either.
But trust me, I make up for the lack of those vices in other ways ;-)

• Like 3

Merry Christmas!

Woo-hoo, thanks again for starting this Stephen. I've sent the payment and my shipping info to Brian. Besides two pieces I have that came via koshirae I've not gotten into fittings much so these will make a great start.

Cheers to all!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just got back from the trip, feels like I got hit by an elephant riding a bulldozer :rotfl:
Not even sure I am awake right now or where I am.
I will need a few days to get back into the swing of things and soooo many messages and posts to go through.

To answer, yeah...I would LOVE to do the raffles again. They were a major part of our fun raising, and one that is only partially covered by subscriptions etc.
My biggest problem remains Paypal, as we can't use them for raffles. This is the easiest way to do it. But I'm looking into any other options for ticket payments. Maybe the sale of a decent eBook that comes with entries for free, or payment via wore transfer. Been a problem for the past few years and is why we haven't done a raffle since.
The other issue is that I am not sure if prize sponsorship is as guaranteed as in the past. New members, loss of some old ones, people who didn't experience the old raffle vibe etc.
I may have to reach out tentatively to see how viable it would be. Something I would definitely love to do again, it was fun and we had lots of support, prizes and winners.
I'll be continuing this subject the next few days.
Now I need to go look outside and see where I am and what I am doing here :laughing:
Thanks Stephen.

Brian

• Like 2
  • Haha 1