Need information on Jingasa of singular construction 

fromaes

Need information on Jingasa of singular construction 
I could not find any other example with a similar construction.
The non-metallic helmet has two metal reinforcements (a riveted plate on top and an iron ring around the circumference). You can also see the rest of the môn? on the top.
Maybe someone on this forum could tell me more about this singular ( to me ) Jingasa.
Thanks in advance for your help  

JL Cerjak

IMG_6431.JPG

0D3A1884raw+dtail.jpg

0D3A1887raw+det2.jpg

It’s similar to the so called hira-jingasa type.
The plate on the top is a bit unusual but jingasa appear in thousand variations. A glimpse of the mon suggests “Hidari mitsudomoe” (left turned triple tomoe), but hard to spot, so I’m not sure. It seems to be over painted, for what reason ever….

What do you mean with “singular”?

• Like 1

Üwé, “singular to me”, he says. In other words, one of a kind, or strikingly different.

The iron rim gives added protection to an item that would take constant hits during usage.

I agree that it is unusual, and I like it, but as you say there was a huge variety out there, almost as if difference was a talking point.

• Like 1

UWE & Piers Many thank you for taking the time to reply.
This is certainly due to my lack of knowledge of the Jungasa variety and none of the  jingasa    I have seen show this type of reinforcement visible on this example because it has flaws that reveal this armature around the circumference.
I was only hoping that this construction feature would allow dating.

Again many thanks to share your knoledge.

Best regards from France

Jean-Luc CERJAK

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..