Missing parts & accessories

Kolekt-To

From being in this hobby less than a year, and having collected more than 20 Gunto, thus far, I've noticed that many of the swords I've purchased have lacked sarutes, sarute barrels, and saya fittings such as the Ishizuke and Kuchigane (specifically Navy sayas). Also, most swords I've purchased, and see being sold, do not include tassels. Along with new swords to consider acquiring, I've found myself on the hunt for parts and accessories in recent months - made good progress and have improved the look of my swords that needed the goods. What have your experiences been with missing parts and accessories, and in acquiring these?

I found tassels fairly easy to get but the leather nco tassels have been much harder to get hold of. a few times i've bought swords that had tassels that weren't even displayed on auction photos and just came with it in the end.

luckily I only have 1 sword without a sarute and that's an nco type 95. i'm not really interested in finding a replacement for it.
one of my gunto came with the leather all weather hood. That wasn't listed in the original listing too which was nice.

If the sword came with the tassel i leave it with its owner. all separate tassels I've got stored away out of the light so they don't degrade.

• Like 1

Thanks Tony! 

I checked out his site - some good stuff at reasonable prices. I've done pretty well on needed parts and accessories at this point, and I now have a bit of a spare parts inventory. I'm always on the hunt for an extra Navy tassel - would like another one for one of my Kai Guntos. I recently purchased a Colonel's tassel to add to one of the favorites in my collection - a Type 98 with blade made by Masatsuna (circa 1690's). 

• Like 1

I would like one more Kai Gunto but not found "the one" yet and a copper nco with tassel to finish off my gunto collection (if it's ever finished tbh i always end up picking one up here and there) actually one thing i don't have is a gunto with a mon surprisingly so i guess one of those too.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..