NMB longtimer and great friend Guido Schiller suffered a serious stroke...

This is very distressing news. I don't know how he is regarded in the diplomatic world, but Guido is well known and widely respected in this little sword world we inhabit, and has the most delightful sense of humor. We wish him a complete recovery.

Les

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I read this a while ago and didn't know what to say.

I don't know Guido personally, but I've learned an immense amount from him over the years and feel an immense debt of gratitude.

I hope he makes a full recovery and is able to enjoy a long life beyond this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear friends,

It is heartwarming to see the concern felt for Guido. Please keep him in your thoughts and meditations. However, it seems the rumor mill was spinning recently regarding his situation.  Guido was given follow-up surgery in December to relieve pressure that was still being exerted on his brain. The situation is still dire as there are few signs of improvement other than some eye activity and some wrist movement, but these small signs are positive. It is not known where this will lead and whether any rehabilitation can be effective. Sadly, I have nothing more to report at this time, but if I receive any developmental news, I will certainly keep our community informed.

Best Regards,

Robert

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..