Japanese flea market treasure hunt

On 3/11/2022 at 1:13 AM, Surfson said:

Please help us with the timing Paul.   What time will you be going and casting?  

Hi Robert, sorry this comes too late. I always go in the morning from 9 am Japanese time. That would be around 7 pm on the day before in NEW YORK, now with daylight savings maybe 8 pm?!

I will post something as soon as I arrive there, but casting starts usually when I hit upon the first item. There will be some interruptions between the posts as often I have to reply to people asking me things via chat as well as talking to the people on the market. If there is nothing more to find, I will definitely post a goodbye message, so you would know when it is time to leave.

I hope that helps you to accommodate for the next one.
See you there

Paul

Hi Paul,

so first, I totally love your treasure hunt at the flea markets in real time!
The only pity is the time difference between Germany and Japan. When my daughter was still in Japan, I found it convenient to Skype with her during my lunch break, while she had already finished work. 

But of course, since you're hunting early.... 
Last time I gave up at 1:45 a.m. because I was too tired to follow your treasure hunt.
But if it's possible for me, I'd like to join your upcoming treasure hunts online (at least partially).

Maybe there is something for me...

13 hours ago, sabiji said:

Hi Paul,

so first, I totally love your treasure hunt at the flea markets in real time!
The only pity is the time difference between Germany and Japan. When my daughter was still in Japan, I found it convenient to Skype with her during my lunch break, while she had already finished work. 

But of course, since you're hunting early.... 
Last time I gave up at 1:45 a.m. because I was too tired to follow your treasure hunt.
But if it's possible for me, I'd like to join your upcoming treasure hunts online (at least partially).

Maybe there is something for me...

Hi Thomas, 

I do understand the problem well. Of course you are not the only one having it. Of course it is difficult to stay up late. I guess that is also the reason why most treasures went to the US till now. What I do propose to our European hunters is just to get up early on the next morning instead like 6 am. That way you can browse through the pictures I already posted while I might be at the market still. However, I would like to ask the European hunters to give me a hint that they will be joining later, meaning please text me a day earlier and let me know that you will be joining from the afternoon. I can have lunch somewhere close and go back to the market afterwards in case you want to get any of the items.

I hope this helps you and am looking forward to seeing you at the next market.

Paul

P.S. currently shipping by Airmail from Japan to Europe has been ceased. The only way is by ship, which means around 3 months to arrive. In case you want it earlier FedEx or DHL would be around 150 to 180 $. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Hello Everyone,

Join me on another treasure hunt at the heiwajima antique fair tomorrow!

We will start from around 10 am Japanese time.
(New York - 9 pm, Berlin - 3 am)

For all of you in Europe, the event should be rather large so I will be there quite a while and you can still join in later while having your morning coffee.

I will take photos of all items related to the Japanese sword, which I am allowed to take pictures of and post it on the telegram channel:

For all of you who do not use telegram, I will try to post to the following facebook group as well:

Posts on Facebook might be delayed due to my lack of multitasking skills.
I hope we will find some treasures!
See you soon

Paul
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

Join me online at the Kyoto Antique Fair which will be held from 24th to 25th June!

New York = 9 pm Thursday 23rd (dealers preview 9 pm Wednesday 22nd)

Berlin = 3 am Friday 24th (dealers preview 3 am Thursday 23rd)

I will try to get into the dealers preview on 23rd so posting might start early via the following Telegram group.

https://t.me/+1JKJ01sQGZcyMWI1

For all of you who had trouble joining telegram, I have created a Facebook group and will try to post there as well. Might be a bit delayed vs. Telegram though which still is the best technical solution for this purpose.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/434768394971014/

If you wanna contact me during the fair, telegram would be the best, but Facebook messenger also works. If none of those work, iMessage is a valid alternative. Contact me for details.

I hope to see many of you there.

Happy hunting!

Paul

antiquemarket treasure hunt.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..