Emura call

Stephen

Japanese sword index  has 5 variations of Ohmura mei, so the kanji doesn’t bother me.  The missing second kanji is unique, but I’ve seen things, like kanji out of order on a Mantetsu, and other errors.  Rush to meet high demand forces human error.  

I’d have to base the decision on the blade itself.  Does it look like something made by Emura?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MarcoUdin said:

It's so hard to judge his work based off of his signature, I've seen multiple signatures that I would have screamed gimei that have been papered to him.

Papered to him?? PAPERED TO HIM?????  Truly, I ask the question, are Emura blades worthy of a paper???  Those I have seen in my time I wouldn't have the gall to take to a Shinsa...

BaZZa.

• Like 1

I had the same argument with Chris Bowen, on this forum.    Chris claimed he had never seen a good Emura.   I said I had seen some very nice ones, including one which I owned.   After some to and froing , Chris concluded the all swords should be judged on their own merit.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..