WW2 GENDAITO KATANA MORINOBU 1942 + FULL SHINGUNTO MOUNTS TYPE 98 Japanese SwordHi

I think he just dosnt know that only a traditionally forged blade using Tamahagane and quenched in water is actually called a Gendaito. (in a timeframe from the meji to the liquid shinsakuto period :rotfl:)

So when someone here says the blade is a Gendaito, this means that the blade is (in his opinion) fully traditional made using the old methods and Tamahagane as material.

This blade is a Gendaito, in my opinion.

I did not know all Gentaito used tamahagane

star stamped began in later 1942’ unless is older sword 

Because my sword was made in early 1942 star stamped wasn’t used not until later 1942 by RJT means tamahagane was used!
That said it was probably sold privately 

I hope it’s made with tamahagane 

Again It’s based on what I hear from others

steve

4 hours ago, vajo said:

Steve i had the feeling that you are not satisfied with your decission to buy the sword. Its like someone who ordered a new car and 2 days later he didn't want it and search for the hair in the soup. 

Hi At first I was sitting on the fence about this sword but now I love it For it being original polish it’s beautiful with out flaws 

however if the price is right I may sell it but no trades

steve

Steve, just a friendly advice: don't buy anything off eBay unless you know exactly what you're buying.

The fact that you "were on the fence", don't know that a gendaito stands for "traditionally made from tamahagane", can't visually differentiate between a showato and gendaito probably means that you should read more about the topic before making another purchase.

There was zero risk with this purchase: Eric is a honest and trusted seller, the sword is legit.

Again, this is just a friendly advice to ensure you spend your money wisely and with confidence.

• Like 4

Firstly I believe Eric sells good swords based on persons on the forum and what I know. I I have talked with Eric and found him to be honest and easy to deal with! I  know the difference between Arsenal and traditional -Gendaito

I always thought tamahagane was used only on star stamped and older Swords I did not know all Gendaito  used tamahagane !! I think some people are in a hurry to make assumptions and act like they know more than everyone!

I shouldn’t have used the expression sitting on the fence not what I meant!

yes I own a couple of books and know I should read more! I believed  the forum was a place to get information not to be criticized! However I did get good feed back from others and that I am thankful for!!

steve

The forum is brutal sometimes, but honest. Learn to take the criticism in the spirit of education, and you'll end up just fine. Takes a thick skin, but this is not a hobby for the faint of heart.
None of it is personal. People are trying to fast track your education.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 11:22 AM, Brian said:

Because it is clearly not a Showato. And shows quality. Therefore there is nothing to indicate that it not a full Gendaito. Which means Tamahagane.
Plus experience.

Thanks Brian I think it sums it up don’t need any more info

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..