"Stock Answers" feature. Check this out.

This will be of use to those who help a lot, and are constantly typing the same advice.
The new update has a feature called "stock answers" and I can set up a standard reply that someone who is posting a response to a post can click using one of the reply symbols above the posting box.
One of those buttons would be clickable, and show a list of standard replies, sorted by title.
For example, of great use to people like @Grey Doffin would be a "handling" clickable title that would insert whatever stock answer we set up. It would probably have his usual advise on how to handle and care for a Nihonto, including the link to handle and use.
No need to type anything out, click stock replies, click the title, and it adds that pre-formatted post.
I can see it useful for replies about care and handling, one about gimei and what it is, maybe one about the various sorts of military swords....maybe one on polishing a sword.
I think it will be very useful.

If anyone wants to participate, write up a stock answer to a question that will be of use often, and either post here, or pm me. Bit like having a FAQ only being able to reply to a post with it.

Anyone?

Brian

Is that really needed? I thought that is what a FAQ is for?

BTW, I still can't get the topic toggle to keep in place from login to login. Doesn't matter whether I stay logged in or not.

(Sorry,no sleep,cold here, just forgive grumpy old man.)

Brian,

I think it is a good idea, especially when rookies post their questions. One standard answer could be about removing MEKUGI and then TSUKA, TSUBA and so on.
Another post I read often is about cleaning and oiling (and then removing the excess oil) a blade.

There are many possibilities to answer halfways individually to a posted question, and that may make it easier for newcomers.

Archived