Posting pics and their placement

Something small, but I know it makes a big difference to some of us who are ocd about such matters.
When you type a post, and then go and add pics underneath, the software will treat the pic the same as the post. In other words, if you just end your sentence, and then upload a pic, it will place the pic at the end of the sentence and you will have a sentence in the middle of the page with a picture next to it.
The best thing to do, is just hit enter after your sentence. Then upload pics. They will be nicely placed under your post. Or hit enter twice if you want a space between your post and the pic.
Just looks nice. And DON'T forget that if you hit post, and something looks wrong or odd, you CAN EDIT the post and change it, or remove/add pics etc.

Lastly, you don't have to hit "insert" after you upload a pic. The "insert" button appears after you upload a pic. But you don't need to use it, your pic will post.
The reason 'insert' is there, is if you specifically want to place a picture somewhere or sort the order.

Then you put the cursor where you want it (maybe between 2 paragraphs etc) and hit that insert button. It will place the pic right there.
Useful if you have a number of pics and want to put them inbetween the post paragraphs. But otherwise, no need to use it.

Hope that makes sense?

I didn't realize that about the "insert" button.  I do the same thing after uploading a photo, and say, I have 3 photos that I want to label, between photos.  I type the label, hit enter so the cursor is below the name, the simply click on the uploaded photo at the bottom of the screen and it appears on the post where my cursor is blinking.  You have to re-click the post to the right of the photo to get your cursor back, then hit enter again to get it below the first photo.

If you're entering all 3 photos this way, you HAVE to re-click the screen in the post, by the first photo.  If you simply click the second photo before re-clicking the screen, the second photo will just replace the first photo!  So you have to re-click the screen to the right of the 1st photo.  This seems elaborate, at first glance, but it's useful if your upload is out of order from how you want them to appear in your post.

This method also allows you to double-click the photo entered onto the post, which gives you the pop-up screen to change reduce the size of the photo.  Most of mine upload at 600 mb.  Using the double-click, I downsize them to 300 or 200 so save space (and Brian's server space!).

• 2 months later...

Archived