A hare FK set

Hi Bjorn,

It looks a nice enough set.

I may be reading this too literally but I think the blurb says that the maker (Ichiharu or Kazuharu) is, or may be, a student of Funada Ikkin. I'm not sure how much faith to put in that connection as I can't find him in Haynes or in in Markus Sessko's book on the Toso Kinko schools so (unless anyone else can help with a reference to verify the signature) I'd proceed on the basis that it is an unsigned set and bid accordingly. The link to Funada Ikkin might have been dropped in there as a tempter.

Also, remember you may need one of these -

image.jpeg.95a0b54dbe7ccca69e5a37dbb048dd74.jpeg

Wakayama lists him on page 17 of the Japanese edition. Apprentice of Ikkin. Late Edo. Resident of Dewa-no-kuni. 

It doesn't clarify if the name is pronouned Kazuharu or Ichiharu (I guess maybe Ichiharu if he is an apprentice of Ikkin). 

Anyway, I would also suggest to proceed on the basis that the mei is suspicious. 

• Thanks 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..