Armor Translation Help

Wickstrom

I picked up this set of munitions grade armor a little while back.

It's certainly seen better days but this is my first "real" set of armor and i'm very happy with it despite it's condition.

There are two characters written in paint on the both of the kote near where it attaches to the dou. 

Any guesses as to what it says and means?

Thanks

gosuko 1.png

gosuko 2.png

Thank-you very much Piers and Uwe. That would probably be a very good assumption given the fact it was more than likely a loaner set borrowed by a retainer from the Daimyo's armory. I'm sure they would have had some inventory system in place related to sizing to expedite the process of outfitting troops before a campaign. 

Yes Andrew,

it’s not unusual to find numbers or combinations between numbers and letters on parts of lent armors (okashi-gusoku) referring to the respective inventory system. Mostly done in red and often hard to read.

Honest armor, like it!

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..