Kicho papered koshirae

TexasMatt

Hello all, i recently bought some wakizashi koshirae that was kicho (green NBTHK papers) I was wanting to know is it worth it for me to send in to be repapered or is it ok . I didnt buy it for the papers but wanting to know what you guys thought. From an historical standpoint, are they collectable? Thanks again

I wouldn't bother.

A Hozon paper will catalog and describe the parts physically, but give you very little useful data that is new.

While green papers are often frowned on or dismissed for verifying signatures on fittings, green papers that prove your koshirae was around 40+ years ago are actually good enough proof for me that it isn't a modern construct or replica.

It is one of those rare instances where I think keeping the green papers actually makes sense and might be even slightly advantageous.

All that mailing to Japan, agent fees, time, costs, etc...

Lot of hassle for little gain on most koshirae. Grey's advice was spot on.

• Like 5

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..