Saneyuki Tachi

Francis Annandale

Hi and thanks 

for sale is a ubu signed Tachi , most likely second generation pre 1392 ( as per Mr.Tsuruta ( Aoijapan ) who works closely with the NBTHK. It has NBTHK papers and thus guaranteed against fatal flaws. In older polish with some age related openings but relatively minor ( see pics ). It has a shira saya with old attribution pasted on it. Silver habaki. Nagasa 27 1/8 inch. Signed Tachi mei two characters SaneYuki. Price is a firm $4300. Shipping not included. 

out of pure disrespect for the persons who posted nasty thoughts below I will happily sell this to a member for the same price I paid for it if you’re willing to pay fur shipping and insurance. That’s $2000 plus shipping and insurance. 

you don’t have to pay me till you receive it.

I already own several Zaimei Nanbokucho Tachi 

thanks 

francis 

EFA6BED7-3917-424A-8D6E-9585D29D148F.jpeg

437BA90B-A74F-4440-8D22-C58F3944F77D.jpeg

A17C73B6-D99D-4D48-B17D-738FC886AC2E.jpeg

839EF092-F27F-4311-A950-8CC264824D62.jpeg

11A11989-2119-4A3B-83FD-74705C8C01E1.jpeg

1FD3B44A-84BD-4D16-A347-E3801AFF30F8.jpeg

61FE7A83-6BC1-4885-814A-4AD9AEE9F1CB.jpeg

C0E761E6-99E6-47C2-8BE3-4FBAD9E49442.jpeg

13B64668-5E63-4824-ABC5-60E346016797.jpeg

B0851B3E-9ADE-4B42-A97E-9A2F28CFF163.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

22 minutes ago, Mark said:

not sure i understand.   do you own this sword? Do you have it in your possession, in Canada?  I thought i bid on it this afternoon at an auction in Texas??

https://bid.igavelauctions.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&auction_uid1=6109661

Yes I bought it and paid for it please remove your comment

• Downvote 3

11 minutes ago, Kaz S said:

Wow that is very close to a smoking gun. Thank you for posting.

Identical pictures.

This ad is likely a scam. The poster joined 4 hours ago, has no other posts or replies other than the ones in this thread, and writes suspiciously. 

If I'm proven wrong, I am happy to apologize

Hi I bought it and paid for it the comment affects the ad please remove 

• Downvote 3

15 minutes ago, Francis Annandale said:

Yes I bought it and paid for it please remove your comment

You may have considered emailing me first , not only does this affect the sale but unjustly discredits me. They sale section rules clearly state you may not post comments that affect the sale. Yes you should apologize 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4

30 minutes ago, Greg F said:

Francis surely theres a simple explanation to this.

Indeed. The above mentioned comments are understandable given that I’m a new member and the sword was purchased today. As it stands the sale is now done given the content. The point being even if one if rightfully suspicious the better thing to do would be to check with the member what’s up before acting in a hunch with a knee jerk reaction comment that is not only wrong but derogatory and harmful. I’ll take the sale down I guess it’s done now regardless.

• Confused 2
  • Downvote 1

Well Francis you must admit it is confusing that you would buy the sword this afternoon and immediately list it here for twice the auction amount as a brand new member? There is likely a perfectly reasonably explanation for this so I don't understand your extreme reaction to relevant questions. This is a public forum and sales section, listing items here opens them up for scrutiny. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Francis,

To me, personally, honesty is the Best policy. I have no problems you trying to flip your item but doing it in such a manner in this community where the majority of the members are pretty spot on with their knowledge and they either are looking out for one another and/or for ongoing auctions all over the internet, is somewhat foolish, no offense. With that said nobody from what I saw is trying to kill your deal, they just wanted to clarify. There are a lot of bad things going out there so don't take it personal, it is only in the best interest of all involved!

Cheers

John

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Protecting the members comes first. In this case, to sell an item that sold in Texas, the next day when you are in Canada....how do you expect buyers to react?
Do you have it in your possession yet? Nothing wrong with flipping an item for a profit. But try and see things from a buyer's perspective. In the time it takes for them to pm you, and get an answer...someone could have already been taken by a less honest seller. Your new offer of payment after receipt is a good way to allay fears and gain a reputation here.
Note that discussions about price are indeed banned. So ask your price, and at least the details are now clear.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Brian said:

Protecting the members comes first. In this case, to sell an item that sold in Texas, the next day when you are in Canada....how do you expect buyers to react?
Do you have it in your possession yet? Nothing wrong with flipping an item for a profit. But try and see things from a buyer's perspective. In the time it takes for them to pm you, and get an answer...someone could have already been taken by a less honest seller. Your new offer of payment after receipt is a good way to allay fears and gain a reputation here.
Note that discussions about price are indeed banned. So ask your price, and at least the details are now clear.

Thank you Brian 

8 hours ago, Darkcon said:

Welcome Francis,

To me, personally, honesty is the Best policy. I have no problems you trying to flip your item but doing it in such a manner in this community where the majority of the members are pretty spot on with their knowledge and they either are looking out for one another and/or for ongoing auctions all over the internet, is somewhat foolish, no offense. With that said nobody from what I saw is trying to kill your deal, they just wanted to clarify. There are a lot of bad things going out there so don't take it personal, it is only in the best interest of all involved!

Cheers

John

Thank you John

1 minute ago, Jussi Ekholm said:

Another Francis asked about it this thread? I didn't know the sword was auctioned. I do think your original asking price is very reasonable for signed and verified tachi, you made very good auction buy in my opinion :thumbsup:

Someone must have forgot his login info ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Francis Annandale said:

Name should be Sadi not Sabi

That means so much coming from someone who asked about this sword under a different profile before buying, and then tried to flip it to the same community that was so gracious to offer their knowledge minutes after the hammer fell..

The only thing disrespectful here are your actions, and slashing the price after you got caught doesn't change that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Francis Wick said:

Sword sold to a member for $2000

1 hour ago, Francis Wick said:

Sword sold to a member for $2000

That's weird ...I thought I messaged you here and PM'd your account before a lot of other people saying I'd take it but you never replied.

I thought you would want to deal with someone close to you in Canada ?

kinda fishy ??? :dunno:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..