15x Hawley Yasu Kizu Nihonto Magazines

TheGermanBastard

I got 15 issues of the Yasu Kizu softbound Magazines published / written by well known Hawley. These simple black and white little magazines have like 15 to 30 pages each and offer a vast information on various NIhonto related topics. A great source for information.

Condition is mint.

Price USD 120 plus shipping.

hawleys.jpg

hawleys1.jpg

hawleys2.jpg

hawleys3.jpg

hawleys4.jpg

hawleys5.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

The seller wasted my time so I thought I would report it here so he doesn't waste anybody else's.

I contacted him to buy the magazines and didn't even discuss the price. He also has kozukas for sale and was supposed to tell me which ones would fit my saya within 2 days and that took 2 weeks to tell me there was none. Once that was out of the way and he followed ME up to conclude the sale, I said I was ready to proceed. And just when everything was ready he said he didn't want to trade with me anymore and plainly left the conversation with no explanation.

I chased him up asking what was wrong with him (or me) and the only answer I ever got was I should go buy all the magazines for a couple dollars on Hawley's inactive website. Whatever.

In a community such as this, you shouldn't be allowed to put your items for sale if you're going to discriminate buyers. The funniest part is the seller didn't have any information about me except my country of residence so I really don't know what happened to his head. Regardless it's just wrong to post in the sale section only to refuse to serve potential buyers.

To add some bits and odss:

1. You said you wanted to buy my Hawley magazines. Fine. Then you asked for larger images as you where unable to see the exact titles. I got all the magazines out on the floor and sent your the requested images.

You also asked me about if I had a Kozuka measuring precisley 18.4 x 16 mm (If I remember corretly). I took out a douzen Kozuka and measures them to see if there was a match. This took me a while and I quite frankly usually never doe ths as 90% plus of teh Kozuka are all the same standard size. Yours obviously isn't and I had not match .

2. I Before I had measured the Kozuka did not hear back for a while then and asked if you were still interested. You returned and said yes you but not yet ready and I should wait for you. Okay. I am a slow person so I do not expect others to be quick either.

3. I stated that shipping would be Euro 15.00 within Europe inlcuding tracking and insurance - actually it is 16.90 Euro - you asked me for the dimensions and wieght opf the Hawley magazines as you wanted to check on wheter you could find a cheaper shipping carrier. Agaonm I allreadey gave you a quote below the actual postage rate.

4. Now for the crudical part:  As most people know I am a well known idiot. No doubt about that. I work hard to accomplish this. This includes that I wull usually ship stuff without upfront payment. Most fellow collectors who have bought a sword from me can support this. Why I do that? Because I believe that the stuff I sale stands up to my description and I do believe that within such a small communiyt like the Nihonto world there ought to be trust and confidence - besides I am just a well known idiot case I ddi not state that before.

Now George, you have had 0 posts - up iuntil the two bad remarks about me that you just did - and you asked me to sign a written digotal contract with you before you would send payment. I have never done that before and quite frankly do not feel like doing it in the future either. THIS would just be a waste of time to me. I neither have the passion nor time to write down a purchase agreement, print it out, sign it, scan it and mail it to you. If I am a honest person you will get youre stuff anyway, if I am a thief then such a contract will get you little benefit. You have been the only personever to ask me about the measurements and weight to find a cheaper shipping quite and the only person asking for a contract.

At this point I no longer had the intention to sell the magazines to you as quite frankly I would expeczt a little bit of the confidence myself that I also put into other people. Furthermore I saw potential future problems ahead like wanting to return the mahgazines for not liking them.

Hence I told you that I thought that this deal was going complicated and that you should rather buy these magazines from a store instead and hence even send you a link to the Hawley website. You got back to me with a couple of bad remarks and akward claims like that I knew that this website disfunctional and that I would discrimnate you. Neither do I know anything about that website in particular but that it is the official Hawleys Website.

Due to a persoanl expirience and loss I listen to my gut feelings and if my feelings are not good I rather skip a sale or purchase. I have no obligation to sellk something to anybody if I do not feel comfortable about it.

Putting my time writing this reply I feel that my feeling of this being complicated was not all too wrong.

So again George: No hard feelings but I do NOT want to engage in a sale with you and wish you all the best and that you may soon find these magazines at a much cheaper price than mine somewhere else. All the best.

PS: And this discrimnating stuff bores me. You are Frecbg. You are a frog eater. A baguette. So what? I am, too. Literally atleast since I am a vegetarian but holder of a French passport myself ;) So vive la France and all the best to you again

Like you said you're working very hard to achieve your reputation, and part of that work seems to be about being cutting all communications, such as when you don't offer any explanation at all as to why you suddenly call the deal off and leave the private conversation, only to then get busy writing a public post. Does your behaviour make sense? Not to me.

Oh yes, I forgot, I mentioned I would like to sign a letter of sale, scaryyyyyyyy right? Did I also mention I was fine not doing it? Yes I did. Did I get an explanation why this was not enough to resume the sale? Nope. If you want to cancel a sale just because somebody mentions something without actually making mandatory, then just what exactly is wrong with you? This is just a discussion. You know, when people make suggestions about the best way to do something, without taking every single word and requests as a mandatory box to tick before moving forward.

Are you saying it's because just mentioning a letter of sale is enough to hurt your earned pride and call off a deal? How silly would that be. That and your sense of smell that I might return the books. I mean what is that about exactly? How can you suddenly assume all the wrong things about a person who's just trying to buy a meager $120 worth of books off of you?

And FYI the "official Hawley's Website" is no longer active, so apart from browsing its outdated content, there's nothing else you can do with it. And telling me to go buy these from Amazon? You're either having good fun behind your screen or earning the reputation you're talking about.

You act like the princess everybody should have read all the posts of, followed on Instagram until they know who you are and how you deal with your buyers, but you can't expect that of people, can you? I'm just a random somebody with a recent account (and quite a few PMs to established members like you) willing to purchase $120 worth of books when others trade blades for thousands, and you basically snob me by taking off the very second I write "letter of sale" and therefore reached the point of no return with your insulted pride, when all you had to do was reply "sorry that's not for me, can we work another way?" and in fact I have already answered that question. But no no no it's too late for you because you have now put all kinds of label on me such as "will return my books" - "will waste my time" - "will complain about a torn page and ask $100 back".

For your information, signing an online electronic document literally takes 3 mouse clicks nowadays (because it's 2021). That said I never forced you to do it so I'm still in what-the-hell-just-happened mode. You can tell everyone all you want, nothing makes sense in why I've been personally banned from this sale.

Archived