Need help translating this signature

michael7

@michael7,

Does this one have numbers stamped on the nakago mune? 

I have 3 others like this on file, and the one posted by @paul griff HERE has numbers there.

@Nobody - Moriyamasan, the guys on Paul's sword, said the company name was "Tōyō Hamono Kabushiki Kaisha saku = Made by Tōyō Knife Co., Ltd. "  - I'm taking it that the English version of Toyo Hamono Co is Toyo Knife Co?  I found a Toyama Hamono co. online and they called it "cutlery".  Am I slicing these words too thin?

1 hour ago, Bruce Pennington said:

@Nobody - Moriyamasan, the guys on Paul's sword, said the company name was "Tōyō Hamono Kabushiki Kaisha saku = Made by Tōyō Knife Co., Ltd. "  - I'm taking it that the English version of Toyo Hamono Co is Toyo Knife Co?  I found a Toyama Hamono co. online and they called it "cutlery".  Am I slicing these words too thin?

Generally hamono (刃物) may be translated as cutlery or knife.

But as for Toyo Hamono Co., Ltd., they named their English name as Toyo knife co., ltd.

Ref. 東洋刃物株式会社 (toyoknife.co.jp)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..