I like this sword

I picked up several swords this week. I really like this one. It has condition issues but I really like the look of it as it is and the the pattern of the hamon and the tree bark tsuba. I'm going to have to add pictures one at a time and I will add some of it dismantled later on. 

KIMG0553.JPG

Very cool pickup! Any backstory or information on how and where you found it? I agree with all the above:thumbsup:

Edit: it always kills me to see blades laying on tables, couches or even the floor. Please! Put a piece of soft cloth or pillow under the blade if you're making photographs or just want to put it down.

Edited by Fuuten
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, I will try to get some better pictures of it today taken apart. I took the first couple of pictures during some down time while I was working so I couldn't get very indepth. I believe this as well as the others I picked up last week came from the estate of a WW2 11th AB vet and where likely acquired while he was there for occupation. He brought back a lot of stuff from Japan besides swords. If I had more money I probably would have tried to buy some of the future and wall scrolls as well. Three including this one were civilian, one was a tanto I posted up earlier and one is a army civilian sword. It's pretty interesting as well even though it has a wartime production blade. I'll try to post up a picture of all of them together.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..