Satsuma saya fittings boxed

Ron STL

I was wondering if anyone has seen any examples of saya fittings properly boxed. Photos show a set of Satsuma style saya fitting in iron with gold centipede mon and the Satsuma "cross in circle border" mon. I would love to place this set into a nice kiri wood box, but to do so would require some custom work I'm sure. I have never seen a set of saya fittings boxed before, but this must had been seen somewhere before. I'm just searching for some direction on this idea that look appropriate done, not too Americanized shall I say. 

Ron STL

Saya fittings 1.jpg

Saya fittings 2.jpg

• Like 1

I have this box of fittings that includes a tsuba, menuki, fuchi, kashira, and seppa. I am sure there is a wide variety of how to mount things. Aoi Art has many examples of tosogu sets in boxes for sale. Looking on their site would give you some ideas. 1849676973_TosoguSet.thumb.jpg.b083b8c3c7fe4f2e59c56d94a5f18185.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..