Document Translation assistance

dwmc

I acquired this document at a local military store. The owner of the store had a manila envelope of approx. 20 of the identical documents and had no clue as to 

what they represent. (Nor do I for that matter.) About the only thing I translate is the Showa date of 1940. I was thinking a date of 1940 may possible indicate

it may be a military document of some sort. I mentioned to the store owner, I would present it to the Translation section on the NMB and would hopefully

find out what it is.

As always, many thanks in advance,

Dave M.

20211010_094101.jpg

45 minutes ago, Nobody said:

That is an honorable certificate from Army Infantry Major Tahara San’nosuke to an infantry Noma Shimakichi for his excellent result in basic shooting.

Thank you Mr. Koichi !

Dave M.

45 minutes ago, Bugyotsuji said:

Can we see another certificate? Are they all exactly the same?

The certificates I observed in the envelope appeared to me as being all exactly the same, however, as per Mr. Koichi much appreciated explanation, the certificates are identical, but I now suspect on closer inspection the certificates will have each individual soldiers name. I'll check the other certificates when I visit the Military store in the near future. 

Dave M.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..