Help with Family Kamon Has Two Over lapping Bananas ?

I haven't a picture to show you, as I have a 2007 retired HP and don't know how to transfer a picture.  Has two bananas?that over lap each other. They could be carrots or eggplants?  The style is similar to Asano Family mon. Pinterest site, list (illustrate) Kamon -Crest Japanese it is # 69 on the list. 

Yes I found it an interesting Tanto. never seen this style of koshirae. The F&K are part of the tsuka=carved wood, not applied parts. same with saya, the koiguchi Kurigata & kojiri are all carved wood. at some point in time, someone slopped a lot of lacquer all over and it does have some worm damage. but the blade is nice,and has a fine habaki  IMHO  ;)

Mon were adopted by thousands of families - trying to attach an item to an individual family is generally a fools errand - in the case of Daimyo they usually had three or four associated mon and if you don't have two or three mon on your object attribution is pure speculation...

-t

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Toryu2020 said:

Mon were adopted by thousands of families - trying to attach an item to an individual family is generally a fools errand - in the case of Daimyo they usually had three or four associated mon and if you don't have two or three mon on your object attribution is pure speculation...

-t

I am sure that is absolutely correct, but this is a well known upper tier mon illustrated in mon books. It was sealed on the tsuka and had a famous kaji. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..