2021 Dai Token Ichi Cancelled

2021 Dai Token Ichi Cancelled

Sadly, yesterday (Sept. 28th) at a board meeting of the Zentosho Kumiai Directors (All Japan Commercial Sword Dealer's Association) the decision was made to cancel the Dai Token Ichi for this year. The decision was not made lightly as many sword aficionados in Japan and around the world were following this closely with the expectation it would brighten up the mood among collectors of samurai treasures. The venue management was concerned about social distancing, pandemic cluster issues, and negative publicity. It made little sense to compromise the event by trying to regulate crowd movement within the exhibition/sale hall. Sorry for those who planned to attend. Let's hope we can enjoy the event in 2022!

Best

Robert Hughes

All Japan Commercial Sword Dealer's Association

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

Was inevitable I guess. I hope things are more normal next year. My prayers are that hotels and airlines run specials to get people traveling again. It's the only way I can visit Japan again, but I'd love to attend the DTI next year.
Here's holding thumbs some of us can sit around a table and share some sake next year :beer:

• Like 4

Sad to hear this bit of news. I am hoping to attend DTI next year assuming Japan opens and relaxes the quarantine requirements for visitors. My wife and I also want to visit her family while in Japan before the show and then stop by the DTI when we visit Tokyo. I really miss Japan.    

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..