Tessier-Sarrou sale, second round on October 8

14 hours ago, Surfson said:

I agree with Luis about the kozuka, and would think that it was closer to a $3000 piece considering how nice the kokatana was, in addition to the fabulous gold dragon kozuka.   All said, I have to admit also that I am relieved that I didn't get either.   I had set bidding limits for myself of 7,000 and 5,000 on those two, but got swept up in the heat of the moment.  

I did not count in the Ko Gatana as I am very ignorant about those. But just the Kozuka was striking. I think Darcy has once has a very similar one on hios website and I think it was in the 2.5 to 3k range if I am not mistaken

41 minutes ago, Surfson said:

I think that Darcy has had two Ko-Mino kozuka like the one on the Kunishige.  This is one of the two that I happen to own (it had no papers and was the cheaper of the two).   The one in the auction may be the same school, I don't know.  

https://yuhindo.com/mino-ryu-kozuka/

Yes, that is the one. The papered one had been for on this forum some time ago. Definately a great piece

So, I think, Luis you are starting to answer your own questions: why the prices of certain items, what the valuable things were, where value lay…..as mentioned, a lot of the instances, where there was value, it was in the tosogu and koshirae and not the blades. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..