Fake type 95 sword

KB1107

Hello all,

A friend of mine sent me photos of a sword that he purchased from an online auction house this weekend. After viewing the pics and reading the description... I told him to call the auction house and tell them it’s a fake! I explained to my friend to let me know or ask questions before buying... it can save a lot of headaches and money in the future. By the way, I think it sold for $450.00.

i’m not a sword expert, in fact, I know very little about swords. How is it that I immediately can spot this fake and the auction house is listing it as an actual WW2 Officer’s sword (That should’ve been the first clue). Maybe they should also ask questions before listing it? Hopefully, it’s not an original sword and I’m mistakingly talking trash about the auction house! Grin

Anyways, here are some pics of the sword. I immediately see poor quality, to my knowledge these usually have an inspection stamp next to the blade number, and no arsenal marking can be found. I can even see the sayas throat to see what kind it is, or if even a number stamped on it. IMO.... terrible Chinese fake. I think I can almost make out the word “Japan” on the 4th pic on the habaki. BAD BAD BAD!

Hopefully, he can talk to the auction house and explain to them that’s it’s not an original WW2 NCO sword (Not an officer sword as listed).

F3C87ADD-9E9D-4424-8A05-3FEA81327161.jpeg

748FD4DA-23EC-43B5-B3E9-F81FED7606D0.jpeg

83A4C355-87F4-418D-AB2D-E21363BAE47B.png

128CA728-55F6-4392-9DA3-DDF57020E3F4.png

5DDF41A5-2CD9-4A4F-8F02-B519774279B0.jpeg

00037970-7D62-487B-A948-4D977BA1BE3E.jpeg

• Like 1

One of my pet hates is people, who should know better, selling something that they know is a copy/fake. Habitual with some Ebay sellers.

Laws vary considerably between states let alone countries but negligent misrepresentation basically occurs when someone makes a statement without regard to the true facts.

Rob

• Like 1

Thats a one look fake actually one glance. Poor details on the chrysanthimums and tsuka in general. Blade actually looks like it could be real, but its missing the small kanji character by the SN (sorry cant remember what its called) and better pics needed.

He'll get his money back. I did lots of research before I purchased my first type 95..he should too. Fakes are getting REAL good though and I have to look real close at some of them, before figuring out fakes. Reserch and he'll be happier in the future.

Regards,

Corry

Thanks all... yup fault on both sides for sure. I just wish the sellers would list it as is. If you don’t know if it’s real or fake.... then say you don’t know! Yup, I think he will get his money back too... he sent the auction company 2 emails and they’ve yet to respond. They did however send an invoice! Grin

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KB1107 said:

Thanks all... yup fault on both sides for sure. I just wish the sellers would list it as is. If you don’t know if it’s real or fake.... then say you don’t know! Yup, I think he will get his money back too... he sent the auction company 2 emails and they’ve yet to respond. They did however send an invoice! Grin

It looks put together. If they don't respond quickly, he may want to bring mail fraud. I am sure that will move them. If it crossed state lines, that prolly opens up a whole new can of worms for the seller, but as said. I doubt he will have any issues.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..