KANEMICHI in '98 Mounts

IJASWORDS

I offer for sale a well made WW2 sword in '98 mounts, that would impress the most fastidious collector.

A (Kojima) KANEMICHI sword in the very scarce Aluminium Saya, with large nodule ray-skin Same under an undamaged wrap. Fittings are all there, matching and nice condition. Being aluminium, the Saya has a few rub marks from war time use, but is above the usual condition found on these.   

KANEMICHI was a 2 Million Yen swordsmith, and an Army approved and registered RJT smith. Even his SHOWATO swords are of a high-grade standard! And as such, this blade doesn't have a boring plain Suguha Hamon, it displays care and detail in its making.  The signature and date on the very nice Nakago, are nicely cut. 

The blade has no rust, no pits, no chips, no stains. It is from my collection, and is making way for another sword. I can't keep everything, no matter how nice! 

At only AUD 2700, (thats about USD 2000) express shipped included anywhere.  PM me to discuss. 

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

Chris, when I originally got this sword (paid more than I am selling it for!), I saw hada and a nice hamon, and without checking the nakago, assumed it was traditionally made Gendai. Because Kanemichi was an RJT smith, who made great swords. It may have been a good one that got a stamp some how, who knows, but it is what it is. When I saw the aluminium saya, and premium fittings, you assume a good blade is inside. And it does look much nicer in the hand than the photos. Any buyer won't be disappointed . 

A sensible offer close to my asking price may be considered, as it deserves a loving home. 

Archived