My Collection - For Your Viewing Pleasure

Hey Fellas-

I finally finished my sword display and study space. Thought you might enjoy taking a peek into my little world. The swords displayed on the table usually live in the the bedroom/Livingroom, but I rotate them out in the display case from time to time. 

In total, I have acquired 18 pieces in 3 years of active collecting, 6 of them are "mystery nihonto" the rest are papered. I think that my next step should be to get a professional appraisal of the whole lot for insurance purposes. any suggestions for how to go about this? Thanks for helping me get this far! -- JT

IMG_0625.JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

• Like 19
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wow 1

Wow  :Drool:   Cars, motorcycles, swords; talk about living the dream!  Best wishes in all your endeavors, JT.  :thumbsup:

There is some irony in all the NG it will take to produce enough energy to supply electric vehicles, when it could be used to power vehicles in the first place.

The little motorcycle hanging up in the front of the shop is a Simplex. I keep it as a wall hanger because in 1952 (when Indian went under) New Orleans was the home of the second largest motorcycle manufacturer in the US. As a motorcycle designer working in NOLA, I find it equally as inspiring as the Japanese Sword collection.

The first floor is dedicated to design and construction of prototype motorcycles, and a small assembly line.

Thanks for all of the compliments, and if any member finds themselves in NOLA please let me know. -- JT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow JT, I just watched the whole segment.  Very, very cool.   You are clearly an unusual mixture of artist and engineer.  I can see why you like Japanese swords!  I got to NOLA occasionally, and will definitely look you up to check out your amazing museum.  

8 hours ago, jt nesbitt said:

The little motorcycle hanging up in the front of the shop is a Simplex. I keep it as a wall hanger because in 1952 (when Indian went under) New Orleans was the home of the second largest motorcycle manufacturer in the US. As a motorcycle designer working in NOLA, I find it equally as inspiring as the Japanese Sword collection.

The first floor is dedicated to design and construction of prototype motorcycles, and a small assembly line.

Thanks for all of the compliments, and if any member finds themselves in NOLA please let me know. -- JT

AH Does that mean you have a prototype Board track racer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..